[Listen] Mix 247 EDM Exclusive – Rabbitt “Last Night”
The New Jersey native Gary Rabbitt, better known as Rabbitt has done it again. After his first acclaimed hit “Rasta” made a firm imprint for his sound, he is ready to do it again with “Last Night”. Taken notice by the likes of Juicy Music and Armada Music, the track infuses a unique mix of techno, tribal and progressive elements that sync together in a cohesive way no one thought possible. Along with providing your ears the very first delicious introduction to the sound right here on Mix, we figured to give you the pleasure of introducing you to the man himself with this brief quick question round. If you want to hear MORE from Rabbitt, be sure to follow him on soundcloud, facebook, and instagram. Enjoy!
MIX 247 EDM Exclusive Interview
How’d you get the name Rabbitt?
- Believe it or not, Rabbitt is my last name and since that’s what most people refer to me as, it just seemed appropriate.
What inspired you to DJ and where do you get your sound influence from?
- My dad worked for Panasonic/ Technics for as long as I can remember so as a child, I grew up always have Technics turntables in the house. Naturally, I just took to it and started djing around the age of 10. A lot of influences can also be pinpointed back to around this age. My dad had a collection of rock and roll records including LPs from Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Eagles etc etc. Also, having older siblings during the rise of the club era in the 90s definitely played a big roll in influencing me. I remember the first time I heard house music. I had borrowed a cd from my sister called NYC Underground Vol. 3. Needless to say, she never got that cd back.
What artists would be your dream to collaborate with?
- Although it’s a bit out of the realm of house music, I would love to sit in a studio session with Hans Zimmer. He’s my favorite composer and could possibly be my favorite musician of all time. We would make some seriously wicked stuff, I’m sure!
Whats the best piece of advice you’ve ever gotten from working in this industry?
- Be patient. Success happens when preparation meets opportunity.
What shows do you have upcoming?
- Really excited to be playing LDW [Labor Day Weekend] with Mark Knight and Chus & Ceballos at the Oasis Pool (Jersey Shore). I play a lot of their records, respectively, in my sets so it’ll be nice to jam with them!
Anything else you’d like to let the Mix 247 EDM listeners know about you?
- Aside from ‘Last Night’ dropping tomorrow, I’m excited for my EP release that is slated for sometime at the end of September. Stay tuned!
Follow Mix 247 EDM
Facebook: facebook.com/Mix 247 EDM News