Staying Safe on New Year’s Eve
Last month, I was, mugged, robbed, and physically assaulted in a small, college town outside of Dallas. Albeit having recovered rather well, I did learn a lot from this experience and will use what I’ve learned while attending Lights All Night at the end of the month. There are many dangers one can encounter when out and about, especially during prime raving hours, so below are some tips on how to ensure your New Year’s Eve is safe and enjoyable.
- Travel in groups. – There is strength in numbers, and attackers are more likely to terrorize a lone victim as opposed to a raving wolf pack.
- Use a ride share service – If you live in a large metropolitan area, it is guaranteed that there will be traffic out the wazoo on New Year’s Eve. Plus, consumption of alcohol is likely to ensue at any given music festival. Luckily, the crew at Mix will give you $10 off of a Uber ride when you use the promo code “AlexG1304”.
- Watch your drink at all times. – From the moment you order it at the bar, to when it’s being made, and throughout the course of the night, make sure your drink NEVER leaves your sight. There are a lot of wackos out there who are looking to spike beverages any chance they get. Watch your consumption and eat a big dinner.
- Carry mace. – You can buy a small can of pepper spray at any super store or sporting goods outlet for around 10-15 dollars. They are stylish, sleek, convenient, and can easily fasten onto a key chain or lanyard.
- Know Your Surroundings– Be sure to look around you at all times. Have your car keys already out when walking to your car and always park in a lit space if you are out at night.
Despite the shocking event that took place last month, I am not letting it get in the way of my New Year’s Eve plans. With what I’ve learned, I am choosing to use it to help myself and other EDM lovers have a safe, fun, and enjoyable New Year’s Eve.
Follow Mix 247 EDM
Facebook: facebook.com/Mix 247 EDM News