HOW TO SURVIVE YOUR FIRST FESTIVAL 101
Ready. Set. Go!! It is never too early to start preparing for festival season. It’s an exciting time with new experiences, musical expansion and meeting people. If you are just getting into festivals, don’t panic. Believe me, the outcome is worth it .The main goal is to be safe and have fun.
Coming from a person who’s been in your shoes, I understand. But don’t worry, at Mix247EDM, we care about your safety and overall, turning up. Coming from people in the festival community, we want you on the right track.
This is dedicated to you, new ravers. Here are some tips to help you successfully survive Festival#1. Here are my top 8.
- Drink Lots of Water: It is important to stay hydrated. Our body is made up of 75% water. Water is crucial if you’re constantly moving. When you’re constantly dancing, your body is losing electrolytes and replenishment is essential. According to studies, dehydration is the most common. Investing in a camelbak is perfect to avoid dehydration. #loveyourbody
- Bring Toilet paper/Hand Sanitizer: Believe me, Porta Potties are no fun!Make sure everything you bring to your festival is sealed and new. Through security, some products will unfortunately be thrown out if open. Any necessities you’ll need to bring whether feminine products, etc will be useful during your time at the festival. #staycleanyall
- Prescribed Medication: If you have a medical condition which requires prescribed medication, make sure your doctor gives you a letter. Just so you can show to security and it doesn’t get thrown out. Medic tents will be available. #besafe
- Be Comfortable: Remember, you want to be comfortable if you want to have a good time. There will be a bunch of people. Be kind to your body and wear something that won’t make you uncomfortable. Sneakers are a good thing to have on your feet because you’re constantly walking around. The attire is completely up to you #freedomofexpression
- Make a Meet Up Spot: Festivals can be hectic. Especially when you’re with a group of 3+. Some may want to go to the bathroom, venture off or get food. It is especially important to have a meet up spot. Some venues don’t have wifi/great service. So think before the time of cell phones. There will be times that you won’t get in contact with your friends. So make a meet up spot you’ll remember. #meetupspotsbelike
- Bring a Portable Charger: Phones are infamous for dying at festivals. Whether you or your friends have it. It is smart to bring at least two portable chargers. Just in case of an emergency or catching amazing footage. It can save you. #doitforthegram
- Download Radiate: Radiate is an app/forum where you can meet new people, ask questions and stay up to date about Festivals. People from all over the world use Radiate. It is a great way to meet friends and be a part of the community. You can converse with fellow ravers, look into future festivals and more. It is available for free download on Itunes/Android Store. #radiatetheworld
- Have fun: No matter what you’re going through in life, festivals are where you can escape for a little while. The energy is unexplainable, the people you meet will be life changing and the experience is one of a kind. You will have a great time no matter what the circumstances. #timetoturnup
Follow Mix 247 EDM
Facebook: facebook.com/Mix 247 EDM News